MANILA, Philippines — Now that Pia Wurtzbach has already passed on the Miss Universe-Philippines title to Maxine Medina, everyone is just curious about who the 5-foot-8 Filipina beauty is.
Maxine was announced as the new Miss Philippines-Universe on Sunday at the coronation night held at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum.
Last year, Wurtzbach was crowned Miss Universe 2015, ending the 42-year title drought of the Philippines. Having big shoes to fill, Maxine has admitted in interviews that she feels nervous and pressured to do well in the international pageant
But before she competes for a back-to-back Miss Universe win, here are some interesting facts you might want to know about the new queen.
1. She is a freelance interior designer with a background taken at De La Salle College of St. Benilde and the Philippine School of Interior Design.
2. She has already appeared on print and at runway modeling gigs.
3. She's a sucker for outdoor adventures and beaches, too.
4. She is a senior member at the Professional Models Association of the Philippines, or PMAP.
5. Her parents were both models.
5. She was disqualified from joining Bb. Pilipinas 2012 because of an endorsement conflict.
6. She has known Pia Wurtzbach since three to four years ago.
7. Unfortunately for you guys, she's in a five-year relationship with model Marx Topacio, who is also part of PMAP.
8. Don't worry cause she has a stunning sister and two cute brothers, too!
Like this article
What can you say about this news? Please SHARE this to all your family, friends at ka DDS para malaman din nila ang balitang ito..Thank you