Because the government allocated additional funds to shoulder the tuition fee of all the State Universities and Colleges students, the topic about the free higher educated became alive again.
The free tuition fee for all students may not become permanent until it’s not yet enacted as a law, that’s why these Senators were working hard to make it forever so the students would not worry until their studies ended.
These are the list of Senators who were pushing Free Higher Education for all.
- Senator Kiko Pangilinan – He filed the Tuition Free Higher Education Act of 2016 on August 1 is an act providing full tuition subsidy for students enrolled in state universities and colleges (SUC).
Read full bill here
- Senator Win Gatchalian – He also filed the “Free Higher Education Act” on June 30,2016 read the pdf here
- Senator JV Ejercito – He filed the “TUITION-FREE HIGHER EDUCATION ACT OF 2016” on June 30, 2016 read the pdf here.’
- Senator Sonny Angara – he filed the “ONE FAMILY, ONE GRADUATE ACT” on June 30,2016. An act establishing a mechanism to enable poor Filipino families to have at least one college graduates. read the pdf here.
- Senator Bam Aquino – He filed the “Free Higher Education for all Act” on June 30, 2016. Read the pdf here.6. Senator Ralph Recto – He filed the “FREE PUBLIC COLLEGE TUITION ACT OF 2016” together with Sen. Joel Villanueva on June 30, 2016. Read the full PDF here.
Unfortunately, all of these bills were still pending in the Committee, but everyone were optimistic that because of these Senators, the next generation of the Filipinos will receive a free higher education someday.
Meanwhile, President Rodrigo Duterte would give free tuition to all SUC’s and it’s expected that this would be implemented until the end of his term, that’s why the free higher education for all SUC’s students must become a law as soon as possible.[source]
Like this article
What can you say about this news? Please SHARE this to all your family, friends at ka DDS para malaman din nila ang balitang ito..Thank you